New Brunswick Car Accident Lawyer

New Jersey attorney has decades of experience handling auto accident cases

At John VR. Strong, Jr. in New Brunswick, we represent people who have been seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents caused by other drivers who have failed to keep their vehicles under control. Our work includes cases arising from car, truck, motorcycle and ATV accidents, as well as claims where a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle. Continuing a legal tradition lasting more than a century, we deliver exceptional support to residents of Middlesex, Somerset and Mercer Counties as they strive to move past a traumatic event and secure the legal outcome they need to move forward.

Causes commonly cited in vehicle collisions

New Jersey roads are known for their confusing layouts and aggressive drivers. When you’ve experienced a personal injury stemming from a car crash, there could be numerous factors that contributed to your accident. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:

  • Alcohol or drug impairment
  • Cell phones and other distractions
  • Speeding and other traffic violations
  • Failure to adapt to adverse weather conditions
  • Unsafe road surfaces
  • Drowsy driving
  • Mechanical failures

Under the state’s no-fault auto insurance law, victims must seek payment of their medical bills through their own insurance company, even if the other driver caused the collision. In cases involving serious injuries, victims can pursue compensation directly from the liable motorist or their insurer. Hiring a seasoned New Jersey auto accident lawyer is vital in these cases. Attorney John VR. Strong, Jr. can review the facts, advise you on the best way to proceed and gather the evidence necessary to pursue a resolution that appropriately addresses the harm you’ve endured.

Injuries resulting from motor vehicle crashes

Vehicle collisions are capable of inflicting terrible damage on the human body. Some car crashes are fatal, while others result in catastrophic harm, such as paralysis or a severe traumatic brain injury. Even when injuries are expected to heal, as in cases where the victim suffers broken bones, ligament damage or whiplash, the permanent pain and suffering from such injuries can be devastating. We assess the value of your case when you have completed treatment with doctors, occupational therapists, and other specialists when determining the dollar amount of a settlement demand. Our firm works diligently to help people hurt in crashes obtain compensation for their lost income, rehabilitation costs, emotional distress, pain and suffering and the loss of enjoyment in their life due to the accident. 

What to do after you’ve been injured in a car crash

The first thing anyone who is hurt in an accident should do is to go to the emergency room in order to document the injuries they have sustained and to get the proper tests performed, such as x-rays, MRI’s, and CT Scans, which will determine the seriousness of the injuries. It is important that you provide the hospital with your auto insurance policy number because your auto insurance will be paying for your treatment in the hospital. Do not provide them with health insurance documents.

After you have been treated in the emergency room or hospital, call our office. Do not talk to the at-fault driver, their lawyer or an adjuster from their insurance company. We will schedule an appointment for you as soon as possible so that we can get the details of your injuries and how the crash happened. From there, our firm can refer you to a doctor who will schedule you for any additional tests that need to be done and prescribe physical therapy for treatment of your injuries.

Once you have completed your treatment, we will get the medical records and discuss with you our evaluation of your case. We will then talk to the insurance company for the at-fault driver who caused your injuries to see if your case can be settled. If it can’t, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf against the at-fault driver. We will always inform you of the settlement negotiations and we will only agree to any settlement after receiving your approval.

In the event that the police issued a ticket to the at-fault driver charging him or her with careless or reckless driving, we will request the police report. Once the at-fault driver pleads guilty to the charges, we will request a certified disposition of the same from the municipal court.

Contact a New Jersey attorney for a free consultation about an auto accident claim

John VR. Strong, Jr. in New Brunswick represents clients who have been hurt in car accidents and other types of vehicle collisions. Please call 732-979-2166 or contact us online to make an appointment for a free initial consultation. We serve clients from Middlesex, Somerset and Mercer Counties. Se habla español.