Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Advocates for Victims
Firm seeks compensation for people hurt in crashes involving all types of motorbikes
Given the price of gas and the limited parking in many areas of New Jersey, many people find that using a motorcycle makes good sense, while others just enjoy the ride. However, an encounter with a negligent driver can change a biker’s life very quickly. Any contact between a motorcycle and a passenger car or truck could topple the bike, resulting in a severe, or even fatal, injury. If you or a loved one were injured in a New Jersey motorcycle accident, you can trust the New Brunswick office of John VR. Strong, Jr. to advocate on your behalf. With more than 40 years of civil litigation experience, Mr. Strong understands the various types of harm stemming from a motorcycle crash and pursues a legal resolution that fully compensates victims.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents in New Jersey
Factors that frequently lead to motorcycle accidents include:
- Driver error —Motorists who hit riders often claim they never saw the bike coming. This is more a testimony to their lack of attention than anything the biker did wrong. Because of a motorcycle’s size, bikers are particularly susceptible to crashes caused by aggressive, distracted, or careless drivers, as well as those operating cars under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Road hazards — Motorcycles have less tolerance for poorly maintained roads than do four-wheeled vehicles. Potholes, metal plates, uneven surfaces, and debris can wreak havoc on a bike or force a rider to swerve suddenly.
- Defective motorcycle parts — Occasionally, brakes, gear shift levers and other mechanical features of a motorcycle will fail, putting the operator in great jeopardy.
Mr. Strong investigates the circumstances of your crash to determine who is at fault and formulates a strategy to recover the damages you deserve.
Types of injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents
Bikers are fully exposed to any impact with another vehicle, and then are prone to suffer additional trauma contacting the hard surface of the road. As a result, they can sustain severe injuries, such as:
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Complex bone fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Skin abrasions, often referred to as “road rash”
It is vitally important to seek immediate medical attention for your health’s sake and to document your injuries for legal purposes.
Steps to take after a New Jersey motorcycle accident
Unfortunately, in many cases, the biker is not in a position to do anything after an accident, except wait for first responders to arrive. But if you are able, you should try to gather information to support your legal claim. Cell phone photos can document the accident scene, property damage and injuries. You should also ask witnesses for contact information. When the police arrive, ask how you can obtain a copy of their report. Finally, call a motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible.
Possible compensation available to motorcycle accident victims
Our firm’s mission is to recover the full amount of personal injury damages your case warrants, including compensation for:
- Medical bills, present and future
- Lost wages, present and future
- Expenses related to disability
- Pain and suffering
Because so much depends on the outcome of your case, you should only retain a lawyer with a proven record of success in cases like yours.
Contact a capable motorcycle accident attorney in New Brunswick for a free consultation
John VR. Strong, Jr. in New Brunswick represents victims of motorcycle accidents in personal injury claims throughout New Jersey. To schedule a free consultation and case evaluation, call 732-249-0550 or contact us online. Se habla español.